“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”
This quote is a perfect description of what I do. Some of my writing is poetical, some is funny, and some is raw, but all of it pours forth from my soul to be shared with you.
This is why I am so honored to be nominated and to accept this award. Thank you Amrit for nominating me! In you I recognize a fellow bleeding poet. I love your writing and I recommend that everyone who reads this go visit his blog http://www.aamrits.wordpress.com
For those of you who don’t know what the Liebster Award is you can find information here https://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/12/03/understanding-blog-awards/
This is an award for those of us who are still underdogs in the blogging community. An award for the ones who are still thrilled at every single view, follow, and comment! And may the thrill of sharing our own little blip of understanding, experience, vision, dreams, heartaches, etc… never lose it’s savor!
Here are my answers to your questions Amrit:
1. Which is the one place you visit to forget about all your worries?
Well, I’m an amateur cyclist. My favorite place to bike is on a trail called Swamp Rabbit in my town. I ride about 10 miles to a local college on the route where there is a lake called Swan Lake. In the center of this lake is a bell tower. I will either sit outside the bell tower and watch all the activity around me or (because sometimes they leave it unlocked) I will climb up the stairs and sit in the top of the tower where the bells are. I absolutely love this place!
2. What is your favorite color?
I can’t choose just one color. I’m drawn to earth tones: light blues, browns, golds, and greens.
3. What do you find inspiring about writing (or blogging)?
Two things inspire me the most: 1. The complete freedom I have allowed myself when it comes to my writing. I won’t hold back because I’m afraid of judgement. This was a promise I made to myself when I created my blog. 2. The community. Not only is it inspiring to see new perspectives, ideas, and opinions, it’s reassuring to read my own thoughts in other’s writing and think, “I’m not alone.”
4. Who is your role model?
I have two main role models: One is a woman that has been like a mother to me since childhood. She taught me what unconditional love is and she gave me a place of refuge and peace when I needed it most! I love you Mama Jan! The other is my Dad. Life has not been easy for him by far but I never hear him complain. His love for his daughters is truly without limits and he does his best to be there whenever he’s needed. I respect his quiet way of taking things in, he is slow to form an opinion and quick to love without judgement. Thanks Dad! I love you!
5. What is your favorite movie?
Ugh! Do I have to choose just one? Growing up my dad and I shared a passion for movies. My all time faves are: Aliens, Anne of Green Gables, My Fair Lady, Brave Heart, Dances with Wolves, You’ve Got Mail, Conspiracy Theory, Terminator, and Willow. The newest faves are: Maleficent and Live, Die, Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow.
6. If you’ve the power of invisibility for one day, what will you do?
Honestly, if I were invisible for a day I would want to go to Egypt and secretly explore inside all the ruins that they don’t allow people to enter (like Pyramids). I would really love to do this everywhere, Rome, France, Italy, England, India, Russia, china… I would just love to go explore all the little nooks and crannies of every ancient site!
7. If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want?
I would love to be a successful author (not for fame) but because it would make it possible for me to travel all over the world and meet new people, explore new cultures, and see all the places I’ve only dreamed about!
8. What is your favorite song?
OK. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a music addiction. I have over a hundred playlists on spotify and I’m constantly listening to music! Right now my favorite song is by Priscilla Ahn called Dream. I honestly just teared up as I listened to it to get the link 🙂 This song describes me perfectly. It also reminds me of my favorite tree as a little girl. I wrote a poem from the point of view of this tree called “The Story of a Tree”.
9. If you are about to write a book, what would it be about?
Well, thanks for asking because I am in fact working on a book of which five pages are posted on my blog. It is loosely based on the Book Of Enoch (a jewish religious book about the fallen angels before the flood of Noah) It will not be a religious book. It’s a fantasy/scfi book. I’m using a lot of Greek and Norse mythology for the world. There will be many fantasy creatures in it (like dragons) that were created by the fallen “Watchers” Most of the book will be from the point of view of my main character Diantha. It was my poem about her that spurred the vision for the book “Diantha of the River”.
10. Tell one craziest (or stupidest) thing you have done.
Now this one is a personal secret, but why not share it with the world? Over last summer I was moving from an apartement complex to a new home. It was an extremely hot night (I live in the deep south of the U.S.), So by the time I was finished loading my van I was drenched in sweat. I was alone and a crazy idea occurred to me. And so spurred by my sometimes dauntless nature I walked over to the community pool. It was about midnight and no one was around, so I unlocked the gate, and quickly walked to the edge of the pool. I pulled off my soppy clothes and jumped in! It was exhilarating! I only stayed in for a few minutes before I quickly dressed and headed home 🙂
11. If you have to describe yourself in one sentence, what would that be?
“So was I once myself a swinger of birches.
And so I dream of going back to be.” -Robert Frost
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
All of these blogs (and so many more) have touched and spoken to me! I encourage you all to continue to take a look at one another’s blog and share the love 🙂
Here are my questions for you:
1. What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now?
2. What’s the kindest act you have ever seen done (either to/by you or another)?
3.If you could have had the starring role in one film already made, which movie would you pick?
4. If you could have been told one thing that you weren’t told when you were a teenager, what would you like to have heard?
5. Name your favorite song.
6. If you were to get a tattoo, what would it say or what would the graphic be?
7. What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?
8. If you could spend 15 minutes with any living person, who would it be and why?
9. Have you ever had a reoccurring dream? What was it?
10. When was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it?
11. What do you think is best feeling in the world?
LASTLY, let me tell you the rules of The Liebster Award
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions created by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees of their nomination for the award.